Benefits of on-site generation of nitrogen for 3D printing
Expert on-site nitrogen for 3D printing
Nitrogen (N2) plays an essential role in additive manufacturing, which is more commonly known as 3D printing. This technology allows lighter and stronger parts and systems to be created with a 3D printer joining materials, e.g. metal. – typically layer by layer. Pneumatech ensures that you always have the required top-quality nitrogen for 3D printing.
What role does nitrogen play in 3D printing?
In the meticulous process of additive manufacturing, nitrogen is indispensable because it keeps the printer’s build chamber inert. The nitrogen is initially used to flush the build chamber. Then, a constant flow of the gas keeps it inert. This way, the printed parts will not oxidize, thereby preventing quality and safety issues such as discoloration or even combustion.
What are the nitrogen requirements for additive manufacturing?
Because of the importance of nitrogen for 3D printing, there is a specific set of N2 requirements for additive manufacturing:
- Reliability: 3D print jobs can take days to complete. That means a reliable supply of nitrogen must be available at all time.
- Compact and quiet: Additive manufacturing nitrogen generators are typically installed at the point of use. In a workshop and with people working in close proximity, a compact and quiet gas generator is a must.
- Cost savings: Additive manufacturing requires a lot of nitrogen, which makes keeping gas costs in check an important consideration.
On-site generation of nitrogen for 3D printing – the preferred solution
Many additive manufacturing companies still purchase their industrial gases – even though producing your nitrogen on-site offers more advantages.
Here are just four:
- Greater cost-efficiency saves you money spent on industrial gas
- Eliminating bottle or liquid deliveries reduces your environmental footprint
- Take charge of your industrial gas supply
- Less hassle by removing gas supply logistics
Take your operation to the next level with the PMNG HE
With the PMNG HE, the on-site production of nitrogen for 3D printing becomes exceptionally convenient and cost-efficient:
- Cost-efficient and sustainable: The PMNG HE is 35% more efficient than other membrane gas generators. That means lower energy use, reduced operational costs, and a smaller environmental impact.
- Superior reliability: The PMNG HE uses membrane technology, a very simple, reliable and continuous nitrogen production method.
- Quiet and compact: The PMNG HE is as silent as it is compact. That makes it perfect for installation and operation in 3D print shops.
- A complete solution: The PMNG HE requires no additional filters, vessels or other parts. It is ready to produce nitrogen the minute it is connected to a compressor.
- Ease of use: Operation, including gas purity selection, is simple. The intuitive controller allows for quick gas purity setting and offers advanced control, monitoring and connectivity options.
More than a superior nitrogen generator
Pneumatech offers you more than “just” the best nitrogen generator on the market. We can also provide oxygen generators and all your turnkey air treatment equipment. In addition, we support additive manufacturing equipment manufacturers in co-developing bespoke gas applications as an OEM partner.
Expert advice, service and support
Contact us with the details about your application and its requirements. This can include your nitrogen usage or the size of generator you need. Our gas generation experts will put together the best on-site solution for you. If you don’t have that information or need help, they are ready to help you through the specification process.