On-site nitrogen for lithium-ion battery production
Lithium-ion (Li-ion) batteries play an essential role in the global economy, and nitrogen plays an important role in their production. One of the most important uses for these rechargeable batteries is in electric cars. It is one of the ways they are helping to reduce our dependence on fossil fuels. The cutting-edge Li-ion industry requires innovative nitrogen solutions. This is an area where Pneumatech excels. We are a specialist in on-site industrial gas generation. Our products ensure that you always have the right nitrogen for lithium-ion battery production.
What role does nitrogen play in lithium-ion battery production?
Nitrogen is used throughout the entire lithium-ion battery manufacturing process. The inert gas is applied to prevent the aging of the batteries’ raw materials, in cell production, in battery assembly, and in testing.
Nitrogen requirements of Li-ion battery production facilities
Because of the importance of nitrogen throughout the manufacturing process, lithium-ion battery production facilities have a specific set of nitrogen requirements:
- Reliability: Without nitrogen, lithium-ion battery production comes to a halt. That is why any nitrogen solution must deliver reliable performance and purity.
- Cost-efficient purity: Li-ion battery manufacturing requires high-purity nitrogen, which is more expensive to produce than a lower purity. A highly efficient nitrogen generator will keep energy costs in check.
- A high-flow solution: Large lithium-ion battery facilities need up to several thousand Nm3/h of nitrogen. The right nitrogen solution can reliably handle that very high flow.
- Flexibility: The nitrogen solution must meet the demands of all nitrogen applications in the battery manufacturing process, from cell production to testing.
- Sustainable production: Lithium-ion batteries play an essential role in lowering the environmental impact of 21st century living and manufacturing. Naturally, its production must be sustainable as well.
On-site generation of nitrogen for lithium-ion battery production – the preferred solution
Many Li-ion battery production facilities still purchase their nitrogen – even though generating your own gas on-site offers more advantages.
Here are just four:
- Greater cost-efficiency saves you money
- Eliminating bottle or liquid deliveries reduces your environmental footprint
- Take charge of your own nitrogen supply
- Less hassle by removing supply logistics
Take your lithium-ion battery manufacturing to the next level with the PPNG HE
The PPNG HE is Pneumatech’s premium high-flow PSA nitrogen generator, giving lithium-ion battery production facilities an all-in-one solution with superior reliability and cost-savings:
- High purity: The PPNG HE produces the high nitrogen purity that battery production demands, up to 99.999% if needed.
- Cost savings: The PPNG HE offers best-in-class efficiency to keep the energy costs of producing high-purity nitrogen to a minimum.
- One integrated solution: One PPNG HE can produce the high nitrogen flow battery production requires. It eliminates the need combine multiple units, which is a more costly, less efficient and less stable solution.
- Sustainability: Producing nitrogen on-site eliminates delivery transportation emissions. The PPNG HE’s energy efficiency also contributes to a greener production.
- Long lifetime: Thanks to its robust build and a host of protective features, the PPNG HE has a long lifetime. Its CMS will last at least 15 years at full load.
- Outdoor installation: The PPNG HE doesn’t take up indoor floor space that might not be available. Its robust design allows for outdoor installation in temperatures down to -10°C/14°F.
More than a superior nitrogen generator
Pneumatech offers you more than the best nitrogen generator for lithium-ion battery production on the market. We can also provide a wide range of industrial gas solutions. This includes CO2 removal dryers used to prevent raw material aging, oxygen generators, and turnkey air treatment and industrial gas systems. You get everything from a single source.
Expert advice, service and support
Contact us with the details about your lithium-ion battery production facility and our experts will put together the best on-site solution for you. If you don’t have that information or need help, they are ready to help you through the specification process.