On-site nitrogen for winemaking
People love wine, which explains why humans have been making it for thousands of years. Throughout the centuries, production processes have changed. What has remained the same is that oxygen is wine’s “number one enemy.” That is why nitrogen for wineries plays such an important role in that process. It is crucial for ensuring that the wine maintains a high quality and that production runs smoothly. The innovative solutions from Pneumatech give wine makers a reliable, cost-efficient supply of food-grade nitrogen.
What role does nitrogen play in winemaking?
The entire wine making process requires nitrogen (N2). For example, it prevents oxidization during the pressing of grapes. Then, the gas ensures that the wine properly mixes during fermentation. Nitrogen also keeps oxygen out of storage and processing tanks. In addition, it helps purify pipes and is crucial for preserving the taste and quality of the wine.
Requirements for nitrogen for wineries
Nitrogen comes into contact with the wine throughout the entire production process. That is why it has to follow European and global standards for food-grade nitrogen. But that’s not all. Nitrogen for wine making also has to meet many other requirements:
- Reliability: Nitrogen is crucial to ensuring that the wine maintains its quality. Therefore, any nitrogen solution has to be able to provide a steady supply of high-quality, food-grade N2.
- Flexibility: Because N2 is used throughout the process, nitrogen for wine making has to meet different requirements. Wine makers should only consider a nitrogen generator that can accommodate all of them.
- Cost savings: Wine making requires a lot of nitrogen. As a result, being able to generate the gas efficiently is a top priority and a great way to keep operating costs low.
- Sustainability: Being able to produce goods sustainably has become essential for just about any industry. Wine making is no exception. Therefore, any nitrogen generator has to produce top-quality N2 without consuming too much energy.
On-site generation of nitrogen for wineries – the preferred solution
There are many wine makers who still purchase their nitrogen. However, the on-site generation of N2 is a vastly superior solution that offers many benefits.
Here are just four:
- Superior cost-efficiency saves you money
- Eliminating deliveries of bottled or liquid nitrogen reduces your environmental footprint
- Take charge of your own nitrogen supply and enjoy total flexibility
- Less hassle by removing supply logistics
Take wine making to the next level with the PPNG HE
The PPNG HE is Pneumatech’s premium PSA nitrogen generator, giving wine makers the food-grade nitrogen they need with superior reliability and cost savings:
- High purity: The PPNG HE can generate food-grade nitrogen with a purity between 99.5% and 99.999%.
- Cost savings: With its with its innovative PSA cycle and high-quality CMS, the PPNG HE offers best-in-class efficiency. The Variable Flow Saver algorithm provides up to 40% additional energy savings at low load.
- Long lifetime: The PPNG HE has a long lifetime, thanks to its robust build and protective features.
- Advanced monitoring and control: The PurelogicTM Controller checks feed air and nitrogen quality. It also offers optional 24/7 ICONS real-time remote monitoring of flow, pressure, purity and all other key data.
More than a superior nitrogen generation solution
Pneumatech offers more than the optimal all-in-one nitrogen generation solution for wine making. We can also provide food-grade compressed air and process filters.
Expert advice, service and support
Our experts are always ready to answer any gas generation or compressed air treatment you may have. They can also put together the best on-site solution based on the details of your wine making production.